My Journey...

These are the ramblings of a passionate photographer just wandering down the path of life. The photos are the real story, the accomplishment, the treasure. You are invited to come along for a spell. Enjoy the company. Enjoy the views!



All images and text on these pages are ©Copyright Douglas E. Wedman. All rights are reserved. Images and text may not be saved or used in any manner without the written consent of the photographer/author.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Lizard Time!

I love macro photography, and I have a passion for lizards. I've been putting that pair together for years, resulting in some publications of which I'm quite proud. Well, it's warm enough here now that the lizards have emerged from their winter burrows it's time to blaze some new photos of my scaley friends!

First up is Aspidoscelis exsanguis, the Chihuahuan Spotted Whiptail. This is an all-female species from the order Teiidae. They're quite wary and very fast. Posing for pictures is not exactly part of their repetoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment